Cost to install siding
All prices and remodeling costs revised and updated for 2017
Read about remodeling costs and estimating labor expenses first
How much does it cost to install siding?
Siding installation cost vary from $190 per square (100 sq. ft.) for 0.40 gauge horizontal vinyl siding and standard installation to $1,860 per square for high quality stone veneer siding and complex work.
1 All prices in the chart are for basic installation of minimum 25 squares of siding excluding any preparation work. Custom work, complex house design or partial siding repair will be estimated at higher rates. In the chart total cost to get a new siding installed divided by the labor expenses and average siding prices per square.
2 Cost of materials is a charge will be added to the total price if a contractor will purchase siding and additional materials for proper installation at his own discretion. Because of wide variety of products available on the market and a price fluctuation factor material expenses will be adjusted accordingly.
3 Labor cost calculated as a charge for siding installation not a fee for replacement. Replacing existing siding normally will be estimated at 40% – 60% hire rate comparing to installation option only.
What will be included in the total price for siding installation?
1) Windows and doors channels installation.
2) Corner channel installation.
3) New siding installation.
All additional work requires will be price separately.
What are additional costs associated with a siding installation?
There are many aspects should be taken into account while calculating the cost to get a new siding installed. Itemized estimate issued by a contractor will include all charges and fees associated with siding installation.
Typical charges which increase the total cost:
1) Demolishing of old siding might increase the total cost up to 15% - 20%.
2) Preparation work such as insulation materials installation might increase the cost up to 25%.
3) Changing damaged wood under old siding as well as general fixing the walls before a new siding installation will be prices separately.
Does the installation of soffit and fascia include in the cost of siding installation or who is responsible?
Installation of soffit and fascia is a responsibility of a siding contractor, but it is an additional charge for that option. It won’t change the price significantly, but will add an additional few hundred to overall price for siding installation.
Summary of siding prices (including labor and materials cost for basic installation)
4 Difference in cost indicates average saving or how much more in percent equivalent you should expect to pay for different types of siding installation in comparison with vinyl siding.
* The numbers are a general idea what expect to pay for a particular remodeling project. The data was analyzed based on hundreds of home improvement projects, but on the national scale it is NOT enough to say the accuracy is high. Exact labor cost will be estimated only after contractor or installer inspects the area.